About Stream Intelligence
Stream Intelligence is a strategic big data analytics consultancy headquartered in London, with a rapidly growing office in Jakarta. We answer challenging business questions with the intelligent use of data. Our clients are top tier companies that are usually also household brands, often with revenues that far exceed $1bn. We are experts in generating insight from large volumes of data, in a way that tells a story and allows companies to make strategic board level decisions.
We are now also turning our knowledge, methodologies and insight into data-centric tech products that respond to our retail clients’ needs and provide them with solutions to their business challenges. For these initiatives, we are seeking an experienced Product Engineering Manager. The products will include various capabilities ranging image across recognition technology, handling and processing big data, machine learning and predictive modelling.
Job role and responsibility: Product Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Product Engineering Manager to join our Jakarta office. The role will be dedicated to designing the architecture and driving the development of our data-centric tech products. The role will involve:
1. Design and architect the product platform and infrastructure, and define an overall system blueprint and roadmap
2. Translate the overall product commercial strategy into technical system and engineering requirements
3. Hire and grow a team of developers who will execute the product build
4. Manage, coach and mentor the team of developers
5. Report regularly to the Management on the progress of the product development
6. Research and assess the latest emerging technologies and how they can be applied to improve the products
7. Present at external conferences and workshops to promote Stream Intelligence
Benefits, opportunities and remuneration
The candidates will benefit from a unique experience of working for a UK company that is based in Jakarta. These benefits include:
• A very competitive and generous salary, along with a wider benefits package
• Up to 3 months bonus over the course of the year based on performance
• A generous medical insurance package
• A unique opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing business in Indonesia. The candidate will have the chance to develop entrepreneurial and commercial skills
• Entitlement to a generous annual leave allowance of 18 days in addition to public holidays, along with flexible working options where there are no immediate deadlines or priorities
• Minimum 2 years of full-time experience as a Software Engineer
• Minimum 2 years of full-time experience as a Product Manager
• Working experience of using Agile Methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
• Capability to translate business needs into software requirement specifications
• Experience of running development teams
• Knowledge of the latest back-end and front-end technologies, including architecture
• Some working knowledge of Big Data technologies and solutions
• Understand the culture of start-ups, either through working in one or through experience of running teams in a start-up mindset
• Knowledge of mobile technologies and software
• Good command in English both spoken and written
Candidates must send a CV and a cover letter stating the reasons for their interest in the role, and why they believe they would be suitable for the role. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
We wish you the best of luck in your application!