About Stream Intelligence
Stream Intelligence is a strategic big data analytics consultancy headquartered in London, with a growing office in Jakarta. We answer challenging business questions with the intelligent use of data. Our clients are top tier companies that are usually also household brands, often with revenues that far exceed $1bn. We are experts in generating insight from large volumes of data, in a way that tells a story and allows companies to make strategic board level decisions. In our spare time, we also run Stream Labs, turning data into technology, innovation and products.
Job role and responsibility: Data Scientist
We are looking for a number of intelligent data scientists to join our Jakarta office. The roles will be focused on serving our numerous clients, both within Indonesia and internationally, as well as contributing to Stream Labs. Data Scientists will be a pivotal part of the business and the role’s responsibilities include:
• Generate customer insight that ‘wows’ our clients
• Run Analysis to measure the effectiveness of different strategies from marketing and product to pricing and promotion.
• Create and maintain reports and dashboards for our clients
• Generate insight that contributes to the client’s strategy on CRM, customer loyalty, pricing, and other areas
• Respond to internal and external client requests
• Manage workload and provide regular status to senior management
As well as servicing our clients, Data Scientists may also be required to contribute to wider activities that help to grow our business in Indonesia. Where there is capacity, the Data Scientists will also have an opportunity to contribute to some of our pro bono projects, helping organisations that serve the local and international community.
Benefits, opportunities and remuneration
The candidates will benefit from a unique experience of working for a UK company that is based in Jakarta. These benefits include:
• A very competitive and generous local salary, along with a wider benefits package
• Up to 3-4 months bonus over the course of the year based on performance
• A generous medical insurance package
• A unique opportunity to help a new business to grow in Indonesia. The candidate will have the chance to develop entrepreneurial and commercial skills
• On the job training and knowledge transfer from one of the leading data experts from the UK
• Opportunities to service clients in Indonesia as well as the UK
• Entitlement to a generous annual leave allowance of 18 days, along with flexible working options where there are no immediate deadlines or priorities
• Working in a comfortable and relaxed working environment with no hierarchical structures; the candidate will be encouraged to participate in decision making and having an impact on the project work
• Outstanding academic achievements, with a GPA of 3.5 and above
• Graduate of a top tier university in Indonesia, and/or a reputable overseas university with a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other relevant degree that involved quantitative analysis using statistical software
• Good knowledge of Descriptive statistics such as how to calculate means, standard deviations, frequencies, etc.
• Basic Statistical Knowledge, e.g. t-test, correlations, ANOVA, Linear Regression
• Knowledge of at least one analytical tool (SAS, R, SPSS, MatLab)
• Good working knowledge of Excel with the ability to create Pivot tables and use functions such as V & H Lookup
• Some knowledge of a programming language, such as Python, Java, C#, etc.
• Good command of English both spoken and written
Desirable skills required but not essential include:
• Good commercial awareness and problem solving skills
• Some knowledge of how database work
• Experience of presenting analysis in a simple way
• Knowledge of using infographics to make data easy to understand
• Experience of using PowerPoint to present findings
To apply for this unique opportunity, please submit your CV, cover letter and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter details of why you would like to work for Stream Intelligence, why you are interested in this role specifically and why you believe you should be considered for this role.
If you are successful, you will be invited to the interview stage. This will include two interviews; one general interview that gives you the opportunity to talk about yourself, academic background and work experiences, and a second interview that is more technical and assesses your knowledge of data and experience in analytics. Shortly after the interview stage you will be informed of the outcome of your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your application!
You can download the Job Description here